Recording the ‘perfect’ video is difficult, and more often than not even professionals have a tough time doing so. That is why it is normal to record a video but then perfect it in the editing stages by tweaking and adjusting it till it looks just right. If you feel that the video footage you recorded filmed too large an area that it drowns out the central element and want to fix that then the way to do so is by ‘cropping’ your video.
In case you’re unfamiliar with the term, ‘cropping’ basically means removing parts of the video and leaving only the parts that you want. It might sound as though this would be complicated, but with the Movavi Video Editor it is actually surprisingly easy to accomplish. In fact, it just takes a few simple steps:
- Click on the ‘Add Media Files’ button and select the video that you’d like to crop to add it to the software.
- Switch the editor to ‘Storyboard’ mode by clicking on the button in the center of the timeline toolbar.
- Go to the ‘Media’ tab and drag the video that you added into the ‘Storyboard’.
- In the right corner of the preview area you should see a ‘Crop’ button that you can click. Once you do a rectangle will appear in the preview area and you can adjust it to define the frame that you desire.
- Once you’re done, save the video in the format that you like – or use one of the presets to automatically use the ideal format and video settings for a specific device or platform.
Aside from being able to crop video – you could also adjust and enhance it in other ways with the Movavi Video Editor. Some of the features that it provides for include inserting special effects and filters, transforming the orientation of the video, adding text to form captions or subtitles, and even enhancing the video quality. If you like you could also trim out segments of unwanted video completely.
All of these features are as intuitive as the ‘Crop’ tool, so you should be able to figure them out in a matter of minutes. By trying it out for yourself, you’ll be able to see firsthand just how easy it is to use the Movavi Video Editor to transform your video in a myriad of different ways.